AOC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HID Installation

3 posters

Go down

HID Installation Empty HID Installation

Post by Bang Alf Mon 23 Apr 2007, 1:24 pm

What is colour temperature?

Many people believe that the higher the colour temperature the brighter the lamp. This is totally wrong.

The colour temperature is purely a scale to measure the colour of the light output. It is a reference purely for colour and could equally be called White, Green or Blue. The reality is the higher up the scale the lamps are the less bright they become.

5200K lamps are approx 10% brighter (measured in Lumens, not degrees K) than the 7000K. If you want lighting performance the 5200K HID lamps are the best.

AOC Automotive believes that 6000K has the best and most attractive light output.

HID Installation D4s_4511

What is the difference between genuine XENON HID lights and Xenon gas-filled bulbs?

High Intensity Discharge (HID) is a type of lighting technology that replaces the filament of the light bulb with Xenon gas. The gas is ignited to produce an arc of light, when high voltage is applied. The amount of light output is three times that of a standard halogen bulb. The lamps also glow at a higher light temperature (closer to natural sunlight) that gives it its distinct color and appearance.

Some companies produce halogen bulbs that are gas-filled. They still have a filament as they are halogen technology, but the gas gives the bulb a bluer color when lit. Xenon-filled halogen bulbs produce little or no more light output than standard halogen bulbs of the same wattage.

Could I not just purchase a stronger watt halogen bulb to get a brighter light?

XENON HID lamps are 35 watts while traditional halogen bulbs are 55 watts. Even though XENON HID lamps draw less current, they produce 3 times the light output as the higher wattage halogen bulbs. Increasing the wattage will make the bulb a little brighter but still much dimmer that the XENON HID lamps.

Also, AMPS = (BULB WATTS X 2) / BATTERY VOLTAGE OUTPUT (12). So as you increase the wattage on your bulb you increase the current draw on your entire electrical system

Why can I not just replace the halogen bulb in my vehicle with XENON HID lamps with out having to purchase the entire kit?

Motorcycles and automobiles currently use a 12 volt electrical system for their headlamps. XENON HID lighting systems require over 20,000 volts to ignite the bulbs. Once lit, they only require 85 volts to keep running. Kits include a power pack that is necessary for the lamps to turn on. The input of the power pack is 9-16 volts. It is an integral part of the system. You DO NOT require any additional components to install the XENON HID lamp into the original socket of the halogen bulb.

THIS IS AMAZING! WHERE DO I GET ONE OF THESE HID CONVERSION KITS!!!

Please contact AOC Automotive through this forum, or the website, www.aocauto.com for more information about purchasing a quality and durability tested HID conversion kits representing value-for-money.

A recent installation by AOC Automotive of a HID kit in the low-beam only of this Suburu Impreza:

HID Installation Instal10

Suitable for off road use applications only. Not ADR compliant or legal for road use on low beam. May be used in all auxiliary lighting or high beam.

Bang Alf

Back to top Go down

HID Installation Empty Re: HID Installation

Post by boob9111 Wed 25 Apr 2007, 9:13 am

Alrighty,

So i'm interested, now my only issue is, if I drive my 4Runner into a 1.6m deep water crossing and my brand new XHIDs are on, do they suddenly short out?

Are they a seal unit?

Waterproof?

Cheers, bounce
boob9111
boob9111
Addict
Addict

Male
Number of posts : 321
Ride : NB30P2
Comments : Mazda MX5
Registration date : 2007-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Drift_Instructor Wed 25 Apr 2007, 9:34 am

lol maty they are water proof..the HID bulbs are encased with glass not to mention they sit inside your stock headlight fixtures which you would hope being a four wheel drive, are already water proof. all other wiring will be wrapped to prevent water entering the system
Drift_Instructor
Drift_Instructor
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 2892
Ride : Soarer+Low+Eurolines=PHAT
Comments : R.I.P Anthony. Fucken Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Evo_Kid Wed 02 May 2007, 1:00 am

I love the HID look Very Happy love it on all Jap n Euro cars

Will the wiring harness have to be changed?
Evo_Kid
Evo_Kid
MEGA WHORE!
MEGA WHORE!

Male
Number of posts : 2915
Ride : ridin ur mum since 86'
Comments : i only eat dick on the weekends.
Registration date : 2007-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Drift_Instructor Wed 02 May 2007, 1:50 am

no the wring harness remains the same....the plug from ur OEM harness plugs direct into the new HID box

as long as you get the typr of bulb correct eg h4,h3 etc etc
Drift_Instructor
Drift_Instructor
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 2892
Ride : Soarer+Low+Eurolines=PHAT
Comments : R.I.P Anthony. Fucken Legend

Back to top Go down