AOC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waxing

2 posters

Go down

Waxing Empty Waxing

Post by Bang Alf Sat 19 May 2007, 5:21 am

Work in a shaded area out of direct sunlight.

Use a foam applicator pad to apply your wax. When the applicator becomes caked with wax, switch to a fresh pad

Work on one area at a time covering about 1 square metre. Some products may allow you to coat the entire car before buffing off, but most do not.

Follow the wax manufacturer's instructions on whether or not to allow the wax to dry (haze) before

Use a small amount of wax at a time, and rub it in well. If you use too much wax, you're wasting the product and your time.

If the wax residue does not buff off easily, switch to a clean wipe towel.

Apply your wax in a back-and-forth motion, not in circles. If you are creating swirls, you need to replace your applicator or towels.

Bang Alf

Back to top Go down

Waxing Empty Re: Waxing

Post by RdS: Sat 19 May 2007, 2:50 pm

brief, but ill go on with how i do it.

i use a cheaper but great 'natural' wax... P21s. once a month i strip the old wax off my car (with the carwash soap.. y'all have NO IDEA! hahah) and re-apply it. i use two CLEAN (i actually buy two new ones each time. at only 5 bucks a cloth its not bad, and the old ones get demoted to other things... like sideskirts! Laughing ) microfibre cloths, the aplicator, and a heater Wink

i smear the applicator over the top of the wax, and wipe it all over the paint on one panel. then do the next panel, wipe of the residue on the first section with one of 2 warmed (helps remove the wax and also lets it go into the pores.... alternatively, i push the car out of the garage and into the sun. also easy to get the wax off...) cloths, the second one buffing the final shit off. in this process i go all around the car.

i NO SHIT do this once a month. it protects my oh-so-old paint. its VERY important to me as i have barely any paint left due to the car having a bad detail some time in the past. i detailed my car maybe 6 -9 months ago now (properley) and have had virtually no swirls since. you just have to be very careful with the paint, especially with washing.
shit, i could go on and on with this. if you know me, just ask. its easier to explain in person....
RdS:
RdS:
MEGA WHORE!
MEGA WHORE!

Number of posts : 2375
Registration date : 2007-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Evo_Kid Tue 05 Jun 2007, 10:04 pm

I remember the first time i polished my car...

It was bad... i just applied polish on the dirty car lol.. created swirls and stuff.

Also, i when omar first got his car, we brought some cut and polish for it... we cut it back on the roof way way to much.. think we applied to much pressure and ripped a nice even circle into the paint.
Evo_Kid
Evo_Kid
MEGA WHORE!
MEGA WHORE!

Male
Number of posts : 2915
Ride : ridin ur mum since 86'
Comments : i only eat dick on the weekends.
Registration date : 2007-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Bang Alf Wed 06 Jun 2007, 12:46 am

i've never noticed it on omar's car can't be too bad

you need to watch the dvd or somebody else do it before you try first time.

lmao remember that day we just threw stewart the buffer zai and told him to go for his life?

Bang Alf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum