The Perfect Shine...

Go down

The Perfect Shine...

Post by Bang Alf on Sat 19 May 2007, 5:35 am

Step 1: Wash & Dry
Wash your car twice with a high concentration of car wash solution. AOC Automotive recommends a gloss shampoo. If your car is excessively dirty, you can use Dawn dish-washing liquid. If you do, be sure to rinse thoroughly. AOC would also like readers to note that water restrictions may prevent car washing at home. If this is the case in your local area, it is permissible to bring a bucket, car washing liquid, sponge and chammois to your local car wash and use their facilities, although you may have to do this late at night or early in the morning when there are no employees or patrons present.

Step 2: Detailing Clay
After washing and drying, examine your car's paint with your hand. If the paint is not perfectly smooth, use a paint-cleaning clay system and clay lubricant to remove the surface contamination.

Step 3: Repair Paint Damage
When the paint is clean and free of surface contamination, examine again for minor surface damage. If you find heavy scuffs or surface scratches, repair these flaws with a fine rubbing compound or scratch remover. If your paint has swirl marks and other minor micro marring, use a swirl remover. I also use swirl remover polish to remove any surface hazing created by using rubbing compound. You can polish by hand or machine.

Step 4: Restore Finish Clarity
Now it's time to glaze your paint to bring out its full gloss potential. For this I recommend a swirl-remover polish formula. Swirl-remover polishes are designed to remove fine swirl marks, not the heavy paint damage removed in the previous step. If your paintwork is already in perfect condition, you can skip this step.

Step 5: Seal and Protect
Once perfectly polished, your paint is ready to be sealed. Choose a sealant that you like, and you may apply additional layers to increase protection and finish depth.

Step 6: Make it Pop!
You're almost there! The final step, the literal icing on the cake, is waxing. You may be asking, "After polishing and sealing, why wax?" The answer lies in the richness of color, depth and clarity that only a high-quality carnauba wax can bring out on a polished surface. AOC Automotive recommends using a product high in Carnauba Wax for a true show car wax.

Bang Alf

Back to top Go down

Re: The Perfect Shine...

Post by RdS: on Sat 19 May 2007, 3:29 pm

nice. Smile

heres a bit of me mums pajero. never been polished.. just washed. it was 'oxidation fresh'...
before:

after:

not perfect, but looked the goods!
- wash
- clay
- mask
- menzerna PO85RD3.01 on a green Edge pad till all the oxidation and marks were gone
- menzerna PO85RD on a white Edge pad till she was nice n shiney.
- no sealer except LSP was p21s or that synthetic meguaires NX tech wax....

this is nickyd's prelude. we mainly were just trying to shine it up... getting rid of the oxidation. didnt know how much paint there was to fuck with, so i didnt go for a perfect swirl-free finish. still looks grouse though...
closeup:

eck
after:

win!
similar process, just no two stage cut/polish...

ill upload the ones i did of my sideskits the other day... :p
RdS:
RdS:
MEGA WHORE!
MEGA WHORE!

Number of posts : 2375
Registration date : 2007-04-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bang Alf on Sun 20 May 2007, 3:11 am

you're amazing man.

i like to use a 3-stage wax system by 'Mothers'

however it takes me all day so normally i just give it a quick wax with cheap turtle wax on sundays.

you might have to come give me a hand getting out all the swirl marks Very Happy

Bang Alf

Back to top Go down

Post by Evo_Kid on Sun 20 May 2007, 7:36 am

Thats a fairly detailed post!.

i like.

That red paint came up soooo good!!.
Evo_Kid
Evo_Kid
MEGA WHORE!
MEGA WHORE!

Male
Number of posts : 2915
Ride : ridin ur mum since 86'
Comments : i only eat dick on the weekends.
Registration date : 2007-04-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RdS: on Sun 20 May 2007, 8:24 am

cheers boys.. Smile

heres a simple one of just getting rid of (pretty hefty) scratches and swirls....

before

after

they get pretty hacked up from dirt and feet.... but yeah. was just the PO85RD on white edge. buffed up grouse, but they had a few too many deep scratches and chips.. Sad
RdS:
RdS:
MEGA WHORE!
MEGA WHORE!

Number of posts : 2375
Registration date : 2007-04-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Evo_Kid on Mon 21 May 2007, 9:35 am

Thats a fair effort!.. how long did it take to do that?
Evo_Kid
Evo_Kid
MEGA WHORE!
MEGA WHORE!

Male
Number of posts : 2915
Ride : ridin ur mum since 86'
Comments : i only eat dick on the weekends.
Registration date : 2007-04-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sim on Wed 30 May 2007, 7:09 am

or you can go to your local car wash.......I recommend the one near the pines Laughing

all you need is a buck and and you can rinse, soap and rinse again, then just get a shimmy wipe the water off! and BAM a perfeclty clean car!!!!!

Oh... ps.... you have to be quick a buck only gives you like 30 seconds, but if your a pro you know you should start from the top to the bottom in a continous patteren that way the whole car is coverd!!

Its all in body movement! aint anth! Wink
sim
sim
Regular
Regular

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-05-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content