AOC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fog light help

2 posters

Go down

Fog light help Empty Fog light help

Post by NickyD Fri 16 Jan 2009, 10:44 am

Hey guys I have managed to secure a set of rare OEM foggies for my car, but I need some help in wiring them up. I was going to try and copy the circuit from the manual, but now I think it will be easier if I make up my own loom.

Question 1. Providing I have read the circuit diagram in the manual correctly Honda had the lights activated by a switch and no relay, does this mean I dont have to put a relay in?

Question 2. If I have to put a relay in then where do I take the power for the switch on for the relay? see paint diagram below.

Fog light help Fog_li10

Question 3. Is it best to connect the negative terminal of the fog lights to the negative terminal of the battery or to join them to one of the ground points shown in the manual?
NickyD
NickyD
Whore
Whore

Number of posts : 1051
Registration date : 2007-04-24

Back to top Go down

Fog light help Empty Re: Fog light help

Post by Evo_Kid Wed 21 Jan 2009, 12:34 pm

two easy!

with the grounds... you can attach them anywhere to that car chassis.. or existing bolt. or neg on battery(bit of effort) and yess you can attach all the grounds together.

secondly with ur switch.... the wire to the relay is a (neutral) wire meaning that it will only be + when the switch is flicked. now you need to runn a positive to the switch (there will be two or three prongs on the switch depending on switch one might be acc not necessary to hook up) so when it flicked the neutral wire becomes a positive sending the + signal to the relay.

hope my 5min explanation is good... i need sleep tired lol.
just drive to omars he will hook it up for ya!
Evo_Kid
Evo_Kid
MEGA WHORE!
MEGA WHORE!

Male
Number of posts : 2915
Ride : ridin ur mum since 86'
Comments : i only eat dick on the weekends.
Registration date : 2007-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by NickyD Thu 22 Jan 2009, 11:45 am

Yo good explanation, thanks. I was planning on copying the OEM circuit and taking +ve from the under dash fuse box then to my switch and then the relay.

I actually dont have a switch, someone had already taken it. So as soon as I get one I will get the wire and start.
NickyD
NickyD
Whore
Whore

Number of posts : 1051
Registration date : 2007-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: